Acne Treatment Specialist in Katy TX - Get Rid Of Acne Treatments
Acne is a very common skin disorder that affects about 85 percent of the population and is extremely frequent.
The most frequent signs are annoying pimples, which are difficult to manage.
Traditional remedies can be effective in removing pimples but can often cause skin irritation or dryness.
Many people are looking for natural ways to eliminate their acne quickly. There are a variety of remedies for acne that are natural, however only a handful have been proven scientifically to work.
What are Pimples and What Causes Them?
It is essential to be aware of the root cause of every skin condition before we can treat it effectively. So, let's look at some basic facts about pimples.
What is a pimple?
Pimples are pores which become blocked by dead skin cells as well as oil (called sebum) from nearby glands. Pimples are small, red bumps that form when the pores are blocked. Clogged pores can also turn into blackheads (clogged open pores) and whiteheads (clogged closed pores), or worse, inflamed pus-filled bumps called pustules and hard and painful cysts.
What are the root causes of pimples?
Pimples can be caused by a variety of causes, such as hormonal changes. For women, puberty (and for men) can cause too much oil to be produced or too many skin cells to be shed. Let's not forget about the menstrual cycle. In combination with these changes, when a few pimples appear and normal skin bacteria are put into high gear within the pores. The overgrowth of bacteria can cause irritation to the skin and can lead to further inflammation of pimples.
There are several possible treatments:
- Apply a body cleanse that contains benzoylperoxide. It is possible to apply a 5.3 percent solution for those with sensitive skin. Those with very oily skin may apply as high as a 10% solution.
- Applying 0.1% of adapalene gel on any lesion on the skin. The gel can also be bought over-the-counter. You can purchase a device that allows you to apply the gel to someone with difficulty reaching your back.
- Change clothes as soon as you get home from exercising to reduce sweat and oil accumulation. A cleansing wipe or flannel is a good option.
- Avoiding picking or scratching pimples. Picking at pimples can make them more severe and increase the likelihood of developing more serious symptoms.
- Make sure to use sunscreens that are oil-free when outdoors in the sun. Manufacturers may label these products as non-comedogenic. These can prevent the build-up of oil beneath the skin.
- Use products that are fragrance-free and oil-free on all areas of your body that are susceptible to acne.
With these things in mind, it is recommended to consult an acne specialist that takes the time to look at your lifestyle, skin, and medications to find the best way to resolve your acne issue.
Anita's Skin Care Clinic Katy TX is one of the leading acne specialists who can assist you in finding the best solution to your acne problem.
Did you know there were fake acne known as acne imposters? Learn more about them:
Anita's Skin Care Clinic
22167 Westheimer Pkwy
Studio # 12
Katy, TX 77494