Make your Vacation meal additional particular this yr by serving this extremely scrumptious and easy-to-make Honey Whipped Goat Cheese with Pomegranate. Good for dipping and spreading. Even higher, serve it with Erath’s Pinot, the #1 promoting premium pinot in Oregon.
This publish was created in partnership with Erath.
Scrumptious meals, high quality wine and the Holidays.
Whereas this yr would possibly look a little bit totally different with Vacation celebrations, we encourage you to proceed household traditions, even when it’s on a smaller scale. The Holidays are a particular time of yr and it’s essential to hold on the traditions, to mark the passing of the yr. In most households the Holidays embrace a scrumptious unfold of meals and favourite drinks. Our Honey Whipped Goat Cheese with pomegranate, toasted pecans and recent herbs will make for essentially the most scrumptious addition to your Vacation meal and pairs each so properly with Erath’s Pinot. In the event you haven’t tried Erath wines, we advocate you accomplish that. Really, the one wine you’ll want on your Vacation desk.
Erath’s Pinot makes the proper complement to your Vacation desk.
Erath’s Pinot was based in 1965 within the hills of Dundee, Oregon and is a wine that enhances so many flavors. It pairs properly with nearly any type of meals making it a superb go-to wine and the proper reward on your wine loving family and friends members.
Get 10% off on Erath’s Pinot with code ROAST at Erath.com
You’ll discover a big number of pinot wines on Earth.com in all value ranges. From the 5 we have now tasted, they’re all unimaginable and precisely what we might need in a glass of wine from taste, aroma and total sippy expertise. Listed are the 5 Erath pinots that we have now tried and love to assist make your choice a little bit simpler.
- Pinot Noir Oregon Tier – Traditional Oregon aromas of black cherry, plum and currant mingle with hints of anise and sandalwood.
- Pinot Gris Oregon Tier – Fragrant and fruit-forward, scents of key lime, Anjou pear, juicy melon, anise and a faint pine introduce this Alsatian fashion Pinot Gris.
- Willakia Pinot Noir – Comforting wafts of blackberry cobbler, Bing cherry and blueberry are invitingly intertwined with aromatic vanilla and caramel.
- La Nuit Magique Pinot Noir – Darkish and sensuous aromas of plum, blackberry, sandalwood, damp earth and a whisper of caramel provide a provocative introduction.
- Le Jour Magique White Pinot Noir – Spun gold within the glass, with brilliant aromas of Meyer lemon, starfruit, yellow plum and wafts of shortbread.
How about wine tasting?
In the event you stay close to Portland, Oregon or ever end up visiting the gorgeous metropolis, Erath opened a brand new tasting room in September 2020! Cease by for a tasting. Study extra concerning the tasting room here.
Erath wines can be found nationwide. Seek for Earth wines at a retailer or restaurant close to you here or order on-line Erath.com. Don’t neglect to make use of the ten% low cost code: ROAST at checkout.
Substances for Honey Whipped Goat Cheese with Pomegranate
This recipe comes collectively shortly and with just some easy components. Seize a glass of wine and let’s get cooking. Here’s what you’ll want:
- Goat cheese – plain goat cheese works finest on this recipe. You’ll need to soften it to room temperature prior to creating the goat cheese dip. Merely set it on the counter 1-2 hours earlier than making the recipe.
- Cream cheese – to loosen up this recipe, be at liberty to make use of a lowered fats cream cheese. Just like the goat cheese, you’ll need to be certain it’s softened to room temperature.
- Honey – honey provides a contact of sweetness and a pleasant delicate taste. We love utilizing native honey from our bee farmer associates. Do you know that relying on the time of yr, native honey will fluctuate in coloration and thickness? Now you’ll be able to definitely use store-bought honey on this recipe as properly.
- Pomegranate seeds – provides a burst of fruity taste to the whipped goat cheese and makes for a reasonably presentation that matches the Vacation theme.
- Pecans – toasted pecans add a nutty taste and good crunch to the goat cheese dip.
- Recent herbs – the addition of recent herbs not solely provides lovely coloration but additionally provides a scrumptious and earthy taste to the recipe. We advocate topping the dip with recent rosemary or thyme or a mixture.
- Crackers or bread for serving – be at liberty to serve the dip with no matter you want. Some concepts embrace your favourite crackers, slices of french baguette, pretzels or apple slices.
Can Honey Whipped Goat Cheese be ready a day or two prematurely?
Sure, completely! It’s at all times useful to have a few recipes that may be made forward when cooking for a Vacation meal. Honey Whipped Goat Cheese Dip may be made a day or two prematurely.
Merely whip collectively the goat cheese, cream cheese and honey and retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge. You may as well toast the pecans and retailer them in an hermetic container or zip high bag.
Take away the whipped goat cheese from the fridge an hour earlier than you intend to serve it because it’s finest to be served at room temperature. Switch it to a serving platter and high with the toasted pecans, pomegranate seed, recent herb and drizzle of honey. Serve with crackers, slices of french baguette, apple slices or pretzels.
Different recipes that may make a tasty addition to your Vacation desk and in addition pair ever-so-nicely with Erath’s Pinot.
- 8 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey + extra for drizzling
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted (omit for nut-free)
- 1–2 tsp. recent rosemary and/or recent thyme
- In a medium bowl mix the goat cheese, cream cheese and honey. With a hand mixer, whip the components collectively beginning at low velocity and growing the velocity to excessive. Combine till clean and fluffy. You may additionally do that in a standup mixer.
- Switch the whipped goat cheese to a serving bowl or platter. Prime with pomegranate seeds and pecans. Garnish with recent herbs and drizzle with a little bit honey.
- Serve together with your favourite crackers or on high of slices of a french baguette.
Notes: To toast the pecans, place the chopped pecans in a small pan over medium-low warmth. Toss the nuts each minute or so. After about 5-7 minutes. The pecans are toasted after they begin giving off a pleasant nutty aroma. Watch intently as they will burn shortly.
- Serving Dimension: 1 /10 of recipe (~3 Tbsp.)
- Energy: 150
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fats: 10 g
- Saturated Fats: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g
Pin now, make later!
This publish was made potential by our associates at Erath. Though we acquired compensation for this publish, the opinions expressed listed below are – as at all times – 100% our personal. Thanks for supporting the nice corporations we work with thereby permitting us to proceed creating nice recipes and content material for you.
All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. In the event you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!