Make good use of leftover taco meat by giving this straightforward, one-skillet Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash a strive. A tasty and hearty breakfast or weeknight dinner possibility. This recipe is meal-prep pleasant and makes for a scrumptious reheat-and-eat meal all through the week. It’s whole30, gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free (until you high it with a fried egg after all).
Subsequent time tacos are on the menu, double the meat portion so that you’ve sufficient leftover to make this Candy Potato Hash recipe.
Make taco evening a cook dinner as soon as, eat twice expertise. Utilizing leftovers to make a wholly totally different meal is a win in my guide. There are infinite methods you’ll be able to get pleasure from leftover taco meat comparable to in our Instant Pot Taco Chili, Taco Hot Dish, Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, or on this Candy Potato Hash recipe.
Taco meat is freezer-friendly and might preserve within the fridge for as much as 5-7 days. We prefer to plan a standard model taco evening for dinner after which a couple of days later use the taco meat leftovers to make one other scrumptious and straightforward meal. Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash is hearty, flavorful, and made multi functional skillet.
Be at liberty so as to add some warmth with some jalapeño peppers or preserve it cool with creamy avocado and cilantro. You’ll be able to high your candy potato bowl with no matter sounds good to you comparable to a fried egg and our Homemade Guacamole or nothing in any respect, as a result of it’s actually fairly scrumptious by itself. It’s a recipe I do know you’ll love and can take leftover taco meat to the following degree.
This put up incorporates affiliate hyperlinks that won’t change your worth however will share some fee.
Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash substances
Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash is made with lower than 10 substances. We prefer to preserve issues easy round right here with straightforward meals as a result of consuming a healthful and actual meals eating regimen doesn’t should be difficult or require infinite hours within the kitchen.
- Floor beef – in case you aren’t utilizing leftover taco meat, you’ll want 1 pound of floor beef or floor turkey. We love ButcherBox for its high quality meat choices.
- Taco seasoning – you should utilize homemade (whole30-friendly) or a pre-made taco seasoning. You’ll not want taco seasoning if utilizing leftover taco meat.
- Olive oil or avocado oil – any cooking fats of alternative will get the job executed.
- Candy potato – one medium to giant candy potato, peeled and reduce into small cubes equaling about 2½ – 3 cups. You might additionally use common potatoes.
- Bell pepper – any coloration will work – purple, orange, or yellow.
- Pink onion – be happy to substitute with a yellow onion.
- Mushrooms – not a fan of mushrooms, be happy to substitute diced zucchini.
- Spinach – kale or some other darkish leafy inexperienced is usually a substitute for the spinach.
- Non-compulsory Toppings – Contemporary cilantro, inexperienced onions, avocado, guacamole, jalapeños, fried egg, bitter cream, Mexican mix cheese or cotija cheese (omit bitter cream and cheese if dairy-free or Whole30).
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen merchandise use code: REALFOODRDS
Shop Thrive Market to get the most effective costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free reward while you sign-up!
Learn how to make Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash
You’re going to like how fast and straightforward this candy potato skillet is, and if you have already got taco meat kickin’ round within the fridge or freezer, this recipe will take simply 20 minutes. Plus, it’s made all in one-skillet which suggests much less dirtying of dishes! This recipe solely requires one skillet, a slicing board and a knife, which makes for a speedy kitchen clean-up.
- Step 1: Place a skillet over medium-high warmth. Add beef, seasonings and water to the pan. Cook dinner till beef is browned. Take away beef from pan, put aside. Skip this step if utilizing leftover taco meat.
- Step 2: In the identical pan the meat was browned in, add ½ tablespoon of oil and warmth over medium till melted and sizzling.
- Step 3: Add the diced candy potatoes, sprint with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10-Quarter-hour or till simply earlier than totally cooked by, stirring often. Add extra oil as wanted.
- Step 4: Add remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in addition to the onions, purple pepper, and mushroom and sauté for about 3 minutes or till greens are tender.
- Step 5: Fold in spinach and taco meat and proceed to cook dinner till heated by and spinach is wilted.
Serve with toppings of your alternative! A fried egg on high makes this candy potato breakfast bowl additional scrumptious. Nonetheless, in case you’re on the lookout for a tasty and hearty Whole30 Egg-free breakfast recipe, this Tex-Mex Candy Potato Breakfast Hash recipe is for you.
Questioning if you can purchase grass-fed beef? Learn to select high quality purple meat in this post!
Learn how to retailer Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash
This recipe could be saved in a container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Merely reheat-and-eat while you’re able to serve it up. To reheat, you are able to do so within the microwave for about 2 minutes or till heated by or you’ll be able to warmth it on the stovetop in a coated skillet over medium warmth till heated by .
This Whole30 Candy Potato Hash recipe is meal-prep pleasant!
As a result of this recipe reheats nicely and tastes simply pretty much as good the following day (or two or three later), it makes for the right weekend meal prep recipe. I prefer to make this recipe throughout one in every of my Sunday meal preps after which divide it amongst 5 glass containers for a simple and scrumptious seize and go meal all through the week.
Learn how to serve Tex-Mex Candy Potato Hash
Listed below are some enjoyable topping concepts so as to add much more taste to this already tasty recipe:
- Contemporary cilantro
- Sliced inexperienced onions
- Sliced jalapeños
- Diced or sliced avocado
- Homemade Guacamole (nice supply of wholesome fat)
- Pica de gallo
- Contemporary-squeezed lime juice
- Fried egg
- Bitter cream (not Whole30)
- Shredded cheese (not Whole30)
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa (not Whole30)
On the lookout for steering with meal planning? Try Real Plans, a extremely customizable on-line meal planning service that features over 300 of our very personal recipes.
Different Candy Potato Hash recipe you’ll love:
- 1 lb. floor beef
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning (homemade or organic store-purchased)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium candy potato, peeled and reduce into small cubes (about 2½ – 3 cups)
- 1 candy bell pepper, diced (purple, yellow or orange)
- 1/2 medium purple onion, diced
- 1½–2 cups diced mushrooms, chopped
- 2–3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Non-compulsory Toppings: Contemporary cilantro, inexperienced onions, avocado, guacamole, jalapeños, fried egg, bitter cream, mexican mix cheese or cotija cheese (omit bitter cream and cheese if dairy-free/whole30).
- Place a skillet over medium-high warmth. Add beef, seasonings and water to the pan. Cook dinner till beef is browned. Take away beef from pan, put aside. Skip this step if utilizing leftover taco meat.
- In the identical skillet the meat was browned in, add ½ tablespoon of oil and warmth over medium-high till melted and sizzling.
- Add diced candy potatoes, sprint with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10-Quarter-hour or till simply earlier than totally cooked by stirring often. Add extra oil as wanted.
- Add remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in addition to the onions, purple pepper and mushroom and sauté for about 3 minutes or till greens are tender.
- Fold in spinach and taco meat and proceed to cook dinner till heated by and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with toppings of alternative.
Leftover taco meat works nice. If utilizing, skip steps 1.
- Serving Measurement: 1/6 of recipe
- Energy: 228
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fats: 10 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 18 g
Pin now, make later!
Picture Credit score: The images on this weblog put up had been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
This put up could include affiliate hyperlinks which gained’t change your worth however will share some fee.
All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. For those who want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!